- Where do I collect and return the boat? – from the owners harbour place, private jetty etc., we explain all once you have decided on the boat you wish to hire.
- Does it cost to be a part of Boatit? – no, you just pay the agreed rental fee and this covers all insurances and there are no additional fees.
- What are the typical costs? – Typically a smaller boat up to 6m is around 1500kr but this can vary dependent on boat, and owners are able to set their own prices so we have some very affordable boats in our fleet. The middle size 6-12m are typically around 3-5000kr, and over 12m 5000kr plus.
- What happens if we change our mind and cancel? – When you agree to book a boat, you get an email confirmation of this, and it details that you must pay 50% of the day one hire charge at least 48 hours prior to the time you reserved the boat in order to secure the booking. If you do not, the reservation is automatically cancelled, without any costs.
- Do I need to leave a deposit and if so, how much? – The advance payment (50% of the day one hire charge) works as a security deposit that is used to cover the excess should there be an insurance claim – if you cause damage to the boat. However, if the boat is not damaged the advance payment will not act as a deposit, but simply be used as intended to cover part of the agreed boat hire cost.
What about insurance? – All boats hired through Boatit are insured, this is the responsibility of the boat owner. Their insurance covers rental use, and most insurance companies allow about 10 rentals per season, but we recommend all boater owners who rent through us to contact their insurance company and check what applies.
As a rental customer you do not need to think about insurance – everything is covered and the deposit you provide is used only if damage occurs to the boat when you are using it.
Do I have to have boating experience? – No, not necessarily. Many of the boats are small and easy to handle, and some of the boat owners who rent do not require previous experience with boats. Some boat owners also offer a skipper, who can drive or sail the boat for you for a fee.